Friday, July 24, 2009

Welcome To Your Family, Ava Rose!

Well it was a long 9 months but worth every second, for on the morning of July 18th Ava Rose was born.
Yes that is my birthday too and I can't think of a better birthday gift than the most beautiful little baby girl! She was born at 8:29 am with a head full of black hair, 19 1/2 inches long, and weighed 7 lbs 13 oz (Dr. Howells exact estimate). She is a perfect baby, never cries, sleeps a lot, and when she is awake she has a lot of things to say. We are so blessed to have her in our family!
PopPop
Gramie
When we left the hospital on Monday we went to pick up Marcus from Pop Pop's. On the ride home he was so excited about his baby sister finally sitting next to him in the back seat. As we passed the train yard he said to her, "Look sister, train goes ding ding ding"! As we pulled into the garage he said to her, "Baby we're home, let's get out". He quickly got out of the car, ran to her side and opened the door saying, "Get out baby, it's hot"! He has been so good with her and loves her so much. He has already tried to share his breakfast with her and change her diaper! He loves to hold her and laughs hysterically when she has the hiccups! He wants so bad to play trains with her!

Grandma Vicki and I worked together on her room concept and it came together perfectly! The room was our office and so we had to do some rearranging to make it serve as both the office and her room. First thing we did was build a computer desk in the closet, Vicki's idea. It turned out great! Then I tackled decorating the room. Tim thinks Vicki and I went a little crazy with the butterflies but I love it and so does Ava! She is up half the night just looking at it!

I can't believe how fast time flies! On July 18th 2004 Tim proposed to me and now 5 years later we have our second child and our little family is complete! I look forward to everyday I have with them!
The calm expecting father!
My last day!
The end result!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, she is so freaking beautiful! I've been dying to see photos, so thank you, thank you! I'm so happy for you - congratulations!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go! She is adorable. Congrats! (I like all the butterflies and flowers - more is better!)

    ReplyDelete