Friday, March 6, 2009

Our First Look @ Ava!

We had our ultra sound yesterday! The tech told us she is not making any promises but that her best guess is that we are having a GIRL! I have said this baby was a girl from the very beginning and I still feel that way! So I am going with that! Last night Marcus patted my belly and said "sister" and this morning he climbed in my bed and pointed at my belly and said "baby, girl". He knows whats going on! He is so smart! I am ready to start sewing a quilt for Ava Rose. I can't wait to see what she looks like when she is all cooked!



Marcus had his last swim lesson last night and it was his best! He loves the water and is not afraid to go under. He is starting to get the swim movements down, kicking his legs and crawling with his arms at the same time! He even jumps in! We had a lot of fun in this class and made a new friend named Bean. Marcus likes to say his name. He was so tiered from last nights class, he passed out on the way home, just after 5, and slept for 12 hours! We signed up for more lessons this morning!



Tim dodged a bullet yesterday when over 100 employees of Halliburton got laid off! He had taken a personal day for the ultrasound but when we got home he had to go in to get something he forgot in his work truck. When he got home he told me that two Sheriff deputies stopped him at the gate and asked for his ID before they let him in. So I looked online and sure enough they had laid off numerous employees earlier that morning. I couldn't sleep last night not knowing if Tim would have a job this morning when he went in! He went in at 8 and they had a meeting about the changes and yes by some miracle Tim still has a job!!! Thank god! This has been a good job for him and he likes it. Mostly he likes driving the big trucks!

2 comments:

  1. The Baby looks Camera shy!! so beautiful!!! I CAN'T WAIT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I love your blog and loved seeing the ultrasound picture! Holy cow, is that one of those 3-D or 4-D ones? I've never gotten one that nice... so fun! I can't wait to see her after she arrives! Ava Rose... too perfect of a name - so I'm really excited it's a 'she'!
    And 'whew' about Tim's job - so stressful! You never know what's going to happen and I have never even considered a layoff happening to our family, but that's the dangerous way of thinking, I was realizing today (and having a mental freak-out about it)... So I'm glad everything worked out great for you guys!

    ReplyDelete